Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Weekend Edition

 Day 19



Today I am thankful for my childrens' love of reading. They are out of school this week and this morning I woke up to holiday music playing on the TV and both of my kids reading in the front room. Uh, wow. Thank you book fairies!

 
Day 18
Today I am thankful for my ability to sew (thanks Mom!) My Sis-In-Law and I got the wild hair to add hearts to the elbows on some of my daughters sweaters. They turned out so cute and I got to start teaching my daughter to sew which has been on my "to do" list for quite a while. I hadn't done any hand sewing in quite a while and found it totally relaxing, and looking for more projects to do.   


Day 17
My beautiful Sis-In-Law with her babies. 
 Today I am thankful for my Sister-In-Law. Not only is she an amazing cook, and loves all things vintage, but the woman can rock a thrift store! I mean seriously, rock a thrift store! Today we had the ultimate shopping experience in our local thrifts, scoring some A-MA-ZING finds and laughing the whole time. I don't get to see her nearly enough but man we can do some damage together. 

Day 16
Kenmore Progressive Vacuum - $85 (Redding) 
 

Today I am thankful for our vacuum cleaner. I know it sounds silly but I am always vacuuming! As I get ready for company, I realize I couldn't live without it. Our vacuum has been going strong for almost 10 years now and I love it! It is completely worn out in certain areas but it keeps on sucking!  

Day 15

Today I am thankful for working so close to a private school. Everyday they take the kids to the public library and they pass in front of our store. It is the sweetest sound to hear the children walking along and laughing. It totally brightens my day every time I hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment