Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School Bells are Ringing!


If you are anything like me, you meet "Back to School" with a very heavy heart. There is something so inspiring about having an empty schedule during the summertime with no obligations or commitments, free to stay up late and sleep in even later! 

This year, when Fall rolled around I felt like I was in my kid's shoes trudging back into the classroom being sentenced to a year of hard labor...well, almost. This year was a bit different for me, it is the first year of "all day" schedule for both of my kids...what does that mean for me? FREEDOM!! Freedom to shop all day in my favorite shops hunt for great vintage finds for the store, spend quality time with my husband working on projects, and do all of my store stuff before the kids come home from school (insert reality check here.) 

But going "Back to School" is not all bad, look at all of the great things we have found in honor of this lovely tradition! It would make even the grumpiest student/teacher/principal, smile. :) 

Some United States wrapping paper maps to help you find your way!
A fun chalkboard topped desk, perfect for your student at home. 
Vintage class portraits proving that kids don't change, just their clothes do!
Printing press type-set tray with letters and numbers. 
  
And last but not least the most amazing vintage, educational globe. Swoon!

After pulling all of these wonderful things out, even I felt a little alma mater nostalgia come over me.

Go Greyhounds! (yes, that's me on the left!


Come check it out because it wont last long, we have lots of Autumn inspired items getting ready to make their debut in the coming weeks! Have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. My kids love the wallpaper map of the U.S. we got from you. Just perfect for their age. We might be in for the globe next! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete