Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget...

Where were you on September 11, 2001?

As the wife of a fireman, I watched my television in horror as the news broadcasts talked about the planes that had just hit the Trade Center Towers. I knew that emergency crews would be responding in full force, and I, like many, never thought the building would come down. When the first building collapsed, I felt my stomach drop, and a fear I had never had before crept in. A fear my husband wouldn't return from duty. It's not something I had ever thought about, I mean, I knew in my mind that emergency responders carry more risk than others, but I had never had a visual put to that thought.


That's what 9/11 did for me, it gave me a visual of my worst nightmare, that has stayed with me every day since that horrible day. 


10 years have past...there has been some rebuilding, but there is still pain.


So let's not forget that our Freedom comes at a price. Thousands of people have laid down their lives to preserve it. Remember them and their families today. God Bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment